Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Last Hike of Summer

 Well....I'm not one to start a hike at 2 p.m. on a hot day. However, some friends asked us to, and since we had previously turned down a few of their hiking offers...we said yes. Now, when we got there, a heard of teens tumbled out of the car.....while the parents bailed on us. Last minute car problem and foot pain, so it was legit....but....well it happens.  So Brian and the teens took off at teen pace, while Sophie, Myles and I tried to survive the mid day temps.

 The three of us don't do heat well. Add to that this was day 3 in a row of hiking....we were done. Good thing I know all the shortcuts down off the mountain : )

 See how red and blotchy they were??


 The grass is super crispy and crackly.
Phew. Glad that one was short!! 
The kids had fun, sort of. Mostly Emma had fun with the older kids.

Today was the first day of school, and I was able to get out this morning for the first time in a long time! I intended on making myself hike only this week, add in running next week. But...you know how that goes.  I couldn't not run.

No comments:

Post a Comment