Friday, October 31, 2014

Time to Switch Out the Candles!!

Yes!!! It's raining really hard!! Which means....it's time to switch from watermelon candles to butter pecan. And, as soon as I hit the "publish" button on this post, I'm starting a pot of chicken soup. My house is going to smell soooo good today!!!

Here's a few more pictures from yesterdays run -
 My goodness you guys. It seems like just 3 days ago I was sharing my priceless pictures of the birth of this fence, one of nature's more amazing acts. Fences these days, they just grow up so fast! It grew into a nice, fine, tall young fence. Word on the trail is it has a bit of a temper. I've heard you don't want to cross it.
 These two pictures are for NTL, who had asked about the creeks in a comment.  I'm pretty sure today's rain wont put a dent in this.

 Above...if I redid my wedding one day, I'd be in boots and get married in front of a beautiful wall of back lit vines just like that.
 Ok, so there's no dogs allowed on this trail (it was on Diablo property). So that's either cat or coyote. Fun print fact for you, cats have 2 indents on the bottom of their print, dogs have one. Another fact, coyotes only show 2 claw marks, above their 2 middle toes. And lastly, cat prints run wider, coyotes are a longer print (meaning the 2 middle toes stick out forward for coyotes, while a cats toes are more even in length across the print).  The prints were pretty mucky and not clear, but I'd guess bobcat.

And below, I'll go with forest gnome.  Just kidding. They were so cute though, maybe ground squirrel, they were too little for raccoon.
 
 Bunny, and maybe a bunny house??

 Looking over at the ridge that is home to one of my favorites, Wall Rd.
 I'm sure you can tell from the sheer amount of pictures...this outbound 3 miles was not a great run. I had fun, kept myself entertained....but the running part was brutal.  So like I said yesterday, I hit 3 miles and decided that run was done. I turned off the Garmin, spent about 20 minutes laying on this rock watching and listening to...birds, mostly. Not much else out there on this day.
 Is it weird that even this ugly rock I was resting on looked pretty to me??
 That tree was straight across from me.
 Then I started up the Garmin and headed back in for another 3.  Other than busting open the inner thigh seam on my compression shorts and having to stop to Glide up the area....it was a great 3 miles for me.  I know for most this would have been an big flop of a run, but I rather enjoyed myself when it was all said and done.

Below...this poor guy made me a bit sad. There was nothing wrong with him, not squished or harmed....just totally dried out.  If he could have only hung on for one more day.  I bet all the frogs are partying hard about now in this rain.
Have a great weekend!! I'm going to get started on that soup!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - those are "creeks"? And I love that you know so much about prints (a true tracker would have tasted them too, at least on TV). As far as defining what is weird, we've all long since learned to have a special weirdness scale for you. (And for the record, that was not an ugly rock, although it was also not a sofa.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS IT WEIRD FOR A FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL TO CARRY A TWO FOOT LONG DEAD SHARK AROUND WITH HER ALL DAY. AND AT THE END OF THE DAY WANT TO PUT IT IN THE CAR AND TAKE IT HOME? JUST ASKING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : ) That and Jellyfish. So, basically, I've been weird a long time. Remember when I wanted to get up on the roof with you and get the bats or birds out of the chimney that time?

      Delete