Saturday, August 23, 2014

Grandpa's Visit

 One of the fun things we did when Grandpa (my dad) was here was to go to Six Flags.  This is a huge treat, not something we get to do normally as it is so spendy! There are still rides Myles isn't tall enough to go on, so Brian and I kept him occupied a few times while the girls got to go with Grandpa and Val and ride some bigger rides.  We got to watch the two dolphin shows, which are both amazing. As usual, we just never seem to have enough time to get to the whole park, but the kids are always just thrilled to be able to go at all, especially with Grandpa!





 Myles is up there by himself, those balloons spin like tea-cups.

 This ride was awesome, and also evil : ) I got soaked by a dude across from me, I was trying to hide behind dad and all I could hear was this guy laughing hysterically because he had me pinned down with his water cannon.
 The Go-Karts are something that the kids have always wanted to do, but we never have done before.  This was such a treat to be able to do, dad and I had done go-karts many, many years ago when I was a kid.
 I got yelled at for taking this picture, but you can see Em with Brian, Sophie with dad, and Myles with Val.  This is an old, wooden coaster that gets my back, so I did not ride.
 Saving seats in the Splash Zone, and boy did we get splashed!!
 Myles was the only kid w/o a Six Flags sweatshirt, so I hooked him up.
 Monday we got to spend the day with dad school clothes shopping.  What a treat. We had prepped the kids for starting off the year with their old backpacks and lunch bags and no new clothes....so they were so happy and we were all grateful that dad made school clothes shopping happen.  I gotta say, my kids know how to make their money go far! They had fun, and were able to get a lot of things, including backpacks and lunch bags : )
In the evening we went down to the school and dad and the girls played catch while Myles played.



We had a great time hanging out with Grandpa this trip.  We all say "Thank You!!" He knows this, but we really appreciate the effort he puts into being a grandpa, and taking the time and effort to come down and visit, and being willing to get down on the floor and wrestle, or build with blocks, or play catch, or make awesome ice cream sundaes!!  It means a lot to us all.

2 comments:

  1. IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES. I HAD THE DOUBLE PLEASURE OF MEMORY FLASHBACKS WHEN WE DID THESE THINGS WITH MY TWO DAUGHTERS. I COULD NOT BELIEVE ALL THE THINGS YOUR KIDS WERE ABLE TO PURCHASE WITH THE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY HAD. MEMORIES. THE KIND THAT PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE AND ALWAYS WILL. LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa is quite a guy! And you left out torching the Bear Creek course! (And I now really want a large Foghorn Leghorn thing for the living room - love that picture!)

    ReplyDelete