Monday, October 20, 2014
I would love to know what he was thinking....did he think he was hidden?? Did he think "oh, there's a yellow and red bush, I'll hide behind that. Now I just need to be really still and not move....I hope she can't see my antlers."
This reminded me of Myles hiding under a home made tent, but his feet were sticking out.
Anyhow, grateful yet again for nature providing me a great picture and a moment to just stop and watch and ponder the scene. He sure is a pretty buck, and he was with his lady again, just like when I saw them leaving the watering hole last week. Hopefully I'll catch a glimps of the two of them from time to time now that I know where they like to hang out.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
1.When my feet aren't in my Hoka's, they are in one of these pairs of boots.
2. I spent $160 re-soling one of these pairs of boots, and they were less than a year old. Not because they aren't good boots. They are top o the line. I just wore them out wearing them everyday.
3. Boots look uncomfortable, but once broken in, they feel like slippers.
4. I love the sound boots make when I'm walking.
5. I love that my room, and sometimes the entire house, smells like leather.
6. The above picture was taken in our bedroom, not posed, that's just where my boots always live.
7. When I walk in my room and see them, it makes me smile. Numerous times, everyday.
8. Brands, from left to right: Ariat, Justin, Eight Second Angel, Corral.
9. I don't have a favorite boot, or brand. All 4 I have are super comfortable.
10. You are looking at a variety of boot toe types up there. There are snip toe, pointed toe, and square toed boots. If you ever go boot shopping, it helps to know there are different types of toes.
11. You are looking at 3 different shaft heights. 15 inch, 13 inch, and 12 inch.
That's all I got for ya on boots. Mine have just been making me extra happy lately, so I thought I'd share.
Back to running on Monday.
Hope you are all having a super weekend!!
Sunday, October 12, 2014
I uploaded about 400 pictures to the photo site, here.
Some you've seen on the blog, most you haven't.
Not sure who uses the photo site still, but every now and then I dump everything over there to keep those who want to keep up in the know.
So those who want, pour a big cup of coffee and sit for a spell and take a gander.
Thursday, October 9, 2014
I get paid back in beautiful scenes, and beautiful animals on a regular basis.
Here's a few from this week-
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
We get packages.
When was the last time someone sent you a gift, or a card, when it wasn't a holiday, or birthday, or anniversary?
I am terrible about doing this, and could greatly improve.
Because, let me tell ya....its pretty cool to get things in the mail when you aren't expecting it! The house is instantly filled with excitement, squeals, jumping up and down, and giddiness. Then thankfulness. It means so much when someone randomly does something kind. For the kids, knowing that someone hundreds of miles away thought of them and took the effort to send them something always surprises them.
I hope they never get used to it, and always realize how special it is when someone does that. I'm not going to explain these items, although I know some may look random, they all are perfect for the person they were sent to for one reason or another.
Here's a few pictures from the past few weeks/months of the joy it brings our house when these random things arrive : )
Three things -
#1. Not pictured, but for the past few months I've been getting a generous Starbucks Gift Card in the mail that brings such a smile to my face, and to those who benefit from it! I don't expect to see it, but when it comes, it makes me happy!
#2. Thank You, package sender!!
#3. How about we all set a small goal to get a little old fashioned? I know I have so much room for improvement, and it's a personal goal of mine, too.....but how bout we all take a second and drop something in the mail? I know we all think about each other often, daily. But it's so easy to give someone just a tiny bit of joy to open the mail and see something unexpected. It doesn't have to cost any more than a stamp. Even just a "hi, miss you! Think about you often" poorly written on a scrap piece of paper can put a smile on a face of someone who's not expecting it.
Sunday, October 5, 2014
It was a great weekend!!!